Monday, July 2, 2012

My Nature's Garden Blog Kit

So excited to post this!  A few weeks ago I received my blog kit from Nature's Garden, and received all the materials to make Cocoa Dream Cream.  They describe it as a "luscious & thick scented body cream."  And boy, is that right!  I'm not going to go into all the detail of the instructions, but will give you a quick overview of what I got and how I made it.

This was the kit I received in the mail.  Everything I needed to make this recipe was individually wrapped in this cute little tote bag.


When I opened the tote, here was everything I received... the instructions/recipe guide, almond oil, emulsifying wax, cocoa butter, stearic acid, vitamin E oil, optiphen preservative, fragrance oil, pipettes, and four jars with lids.  Having never made bath/body products, I really couldn't tell you what the different ingredients are, or what they specifically do in the process. The only thing that I had to have to make this was distilled water, a stick blender, thermometer, two pots, and a bowl.


After gathering and thoroughly cleaning and sanitizing everything, I was ready to begin.  I boiled my water for twenty minutes and set aside the required amount.  Meanwhile, I heated up the first ingredients to the required temperature.  Once that was ready, and the water was at it's correct temperature, I mixed the two parts together in my bowl and began mixing with the stick blender.


To be honest, I really worried something was not right, as it took forever for this to thicken up.  I even left it for a while and went out to the grocery store, hoping it would thicken as it cooled, which it did!  The picture above is after I got home and it had cooled.


And that is the finished product.  I put it in the jars and sprinkled a bit of real cocoa on the top.

I absolutely love this stuff!  I kept two jars for myself, and gave two to my neighbor and her daughter.  I have not asked her how they like it, but I sure do.  I'm not a big lotion person myself, but this is really nice after getting out of the pool, when your skin is slightly dried out from chlorine.  I love the smell too!  It almost smells good enough to eat!

Thanks NG for giving me the opportunity to try this!  I am thrilled with how it came out!



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This lotion looks so good. Rich and creamy. Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Vnetta! I really need to get back to doing more blogging. I still have one jar of this lotion left. Remind me next time you order and I'll send it to you to test, if you like!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the cream looks nice kathy

    ReplyDelete